Would you like to join Team Domenica and help us to remove barriers to work for people with learning disabilities? Do you want to work in a supportive organisation, playing to your strengths, gaining job satisfaction and doing something where you can make a real difference? We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Café Manager to work with us in our new Hove Café Domenica.
Assistant Café Manager Hove
Job title: Assistant Café Manager Hove
Reports to: Café Manager
Team Domenica is a Brighton-based social enterprise charity working with young adults with learning disabilities. We have recently opened our second café located within Hove Library.
We are recruiting for a full-time Assistant Café Manager to assist and follow the leadership of the Café Manager to ensure the seamless running of the Charity’s Café Domenica Hove, in the most efficient and effective manner. To deliver the highest possible standards of service, whilst being pro-active in maintaining and/or improvingturnover and profitability. To be presentable and carry out your tasks in a confident and friendly manner. It is expected that you will be well informed and engaging, confident in your role and capable of sharing your acquire.
- Protect the health, safety and well-being of our staff, candidates and customers.
- Partners with Café Manager in creating sales volume growth and creating a positive customer experience.
- Develop positive working relationships with all candidates, staff and volunteers.
- Adhere to a culture of actively seeking feedback from customers on a regular basis. Responds proactively to prevent and resolve customer service situations.
- Assist Café Manager in planning and executing sales promotions.
- Follow actions to continuously improve the candidate training experience.
- Working with our candidates to help them gain independence and confidence within the workplace
- To role model excellent customer service.
- Ensure customer requests and feedback, both verbal and written are responded to promptly and efficiently.
- Maintain and further enhance relationships within the local community, including residents, retail and office tenants.
- Support implementation of revenue generation initiatives.
- To ensure all candidates and staff are given constant supervision and motivation on all aspects of their work. Encourage confidence building with candidates.
- Understand relevant health and safety legislation and the implications on the business, taking action as required.
- To ensure all Café staff, candidates and volunteers work hygienically and productively.
- Ensuring that the café environment is pleasant and welcoming.
- Ensure a safe workplace by identifying and reporting hazards and taking corrective action.
- Action and respond to alleged food hygiene issues, deploying all necessary resources to protect reputation and brand integrity.
- Ensures that the café has sufficient product and supplies needed to manage an efficient café.
- Perform opening and closing duties.
- Cleaning the kitchen, café area and café toilets in accordance with health and safety regulations and guidance.
- Be fully aware of fire, bomb and evacuation procedures for staff, candidates and customers.
- Assists the Café Manager in maintaining proper loss prevention standards, reviewing cash handling procedures, deposits and safe procedures.
- Assists in the training of new employees.
- To support the Cafe Manager in managing the cafe’s monthly stock-take.
- Having a friendly and engaging personality, a good communicator and able to work well under pressure.
- Motivates staff to maintain quality and consistent product.
- Comfortable working with members of the public, able to initiate conversations and provide a sincere welcome and enjoy providing good service.
- Ability to multi-task is crucial in this role, you will be willing to learn, take instruction and work under your own initiative whilst supporting the team.
- Being adaptable to changing situations.
- Ideally you will have experience of working in a café/kitchen and front of house, and barista trained.
- Experience of working with adults with learning disabilities is preferable but not essential.
- DBS check is required for this role prior to starting employment.
Package: £18,000 p/a full time, permanent. 25 days annual leave. Mon-Fri 9am-5pm weekly. Some flexibility is required for Saturday rotas.
Deadline for application: 23rd November 2018
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org