Would you like to join Team Domenica and help us to remove barriers to work for people with learning disabilities? Do you want to work in a supportive organisation, playing to your strengths, gaining job satisfaction and doing something where you can make a real difference? We are currently recruiting for a Café Assistant to work in our Brighton café.
Job title: Café Assistant
Reports to: Café Manager
Team Domenica is a Brighton-based charity that removes barriers to work for people with learning disabilities. In doing so, we help young people to discover their full potential, to live happy fulfilled lives, and to feel included within the local community.
We are looking for somebody to join our Preston Circus Café Domenica team. We need someone with plenty of initiative and excellent customer service skills. They must have an enthusiastic personality whilst having empathy with the particular needs of the candidates. You must be adaptable and able to deal with the varied learning needs of the group and their sometimes complex personalities. Our main goal is to develop and hone their skills to prepare them for the world of work and enable them to become more independent.
- Serving customers from point of entry
- Make and prepare beverages for customers
- To teach candidates how to use the till and coffee machine
- To maintain a clean and tidy café that meets are high standard of hygiene expectations
- To effectively carry out the closing procedure for the café
- Assist with preparation of food
- Work with candidates to help them gain independence and confidence within the work place
- To carry out basic paperwork and record keeping
- To clear tables and carry out the washing and drying of cutlery and crockery
- To effectively communicate with other members of the staff team
- To offer customers excellent standards of service and care and to ensure that the café is a pleasant and welcoming environment
- You must have a friendly and engaging personality and be able to remain calm under pressure
- Be able to demonstrate good initiative in an ever changing environment
- Be able to multi task and swap roles with ease
- Ideally you will have experience of working within the catering and hospitality industry
- You will have a sound understanding of food preparation
- Barista training is preferred but not essential
Contract: Permanent, full-time Mon-Fri 9.30am-4.30pm.
Salary: £17,000 p/a, 25 days annual leave.
Deadline for application: 16th August 2019
Email applications to: email@example.com