Would you like to join Team Domenica and help us to remove barriers to work for people with learning disabilities? Do you want to work in a supportive organisation, playing to your strengths, gaining job satisfaction and doing something where you can make a real difference? We are currently recruiting for a Cafe Assistant to work in our Brighton café.
Job title: Kitchen/Café Assistant (part-time)
Reports to: Café Manager
Team Domenica is a Brighton-based social enterprise charity working with young people with learning disabilities.
We are looking for somebody to join our team at Café Domenica in Preston Circus. We need someone who can work in the Café as well as a Kitchen Assistant when required.
You will need to be a fast thinker, have lots of get up and go and be able to use your initiative. You will be working alongside our small team supporting our candidates, training them in the café and getting them prepared for the world of work.
- Ensuring the food preparation areas are clean and hygienic
- Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately
- Sorting, storing and distributing ingredients
- Helping to prepare food for cooking in the café – including peeling and chopping
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Working with our candidates to help them gain independence and confidence within the workplace
- Serving customers and operating the till
- Disposing of rubbish
- Organising linen laundry
- Offering customers excellent standards of customer service and care
- Ensuring that the café environment is pleasant and welcoming
- Cleaning the prep area and café area in accordance with health and safety regulations and guidance
- Being able to use a computer terminal or hand-held device may be beneficial for this job
- Having a friendly and engaging personality, a good communicator and able to work well under pressure
- Comfortable working with members of the public, able to initiate conversations and provide a sincere welcome and enjoy providing good service
- Ability to multi-task is crucial in this role, you will be willing to learn, take instruction and work under your own initiative whilst supporting the team
- Being adaptable to changing situations
- Ideally you will have experience of working in a café/kitchen and front of house
- Ideally Barista trained and or experience in food prep
- Experience of working with adults with learning disabilities is preferable but
- The ability to use your initiative
- To enjoy working with other people
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail
Salary: £8.50 per hour. Part-time hours vary, Mon-Sat 9am-5pm, with a minimum 12 hrs per week guaranteed.
Deadline for application: 28th April 2019
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org