Would you like to join Team Domenica and help us to remove barriers to work for people with learning disabilities? Do you want to work in a supportive organisation, playing to your strengths, gaining job satisfaction and doing something where you can make a real difference? We are currently recruiting for a part-time Job Coach for Team Domenica.
Job Coach (part-time)
Job title: Job Coach
Reports to: Job Coach Manager
Team Domenica removes barriers to work for people with learning disabilities. In doing so, we help young people to discover their full potential, to live happy fulfilled lives, and to feel included within the local community.
We are registered charity, looking for a Job Coach to help our candidates enhance their strengths and improve their job skills during their Supported Internship. You will be working one-to-one with young adults (19-25) with learning disabilities who need assistance in a workplace, and to help them to learn the job which will hopefully lead to them working independently in a paid role.
The Job Coach must be a mentor eager to support the young adults. You must be able to discover people’s strengths and weaknesses and work with the candidate to discover what works best for them. Having communication skills partnered with critical thinking are prerequisites for this job.
You must work well in a team as you will work closely with the Employer Partnership Manager, the Job Coach Manager and the Supported Internship teacher.
This post is part-time contracted for 20 hours a week for a one year fixed term contract.
Responsibilities and duties:
- To provide a range of strategies to support candidates with a learning disability in the workplace using Systematic Training techniques.
- To advise and guide employers on how best to support a successful Supported Internship.
- To use knowledge of a candidate’s skills and employers’ needs to carve out a job for the candidate that will lead to regular, paid work.
- To support and promote the independence of candidates in a working environment including choice making and independent travel wherever possible.
- Liaise closely with teaching staff to provide a link between classroom and workplace learning.
- Maintain regular and good communication with parents/carers.
- Where possible locate a work buddy in the workplace who can build a positive professional, yet supportive relationship with the candidate.
- Monitor and evaluate progress of candidate.
- Keep weekly records and documentation and prepare appropriate reports.
- Assist the Job Coach manager with writing risk assessments, health and safety guidelines and safeguarding requirements for the individual candidates.
- Where possible, cover Job Coaches during any periods of absence.
- Knowledge and experience of working with young people with ASC, SLD and MLD
- Ability to adhere to regulations and standards
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving ability
- Reliability and flexibility are essential as changes in cover and times/day are likely
- Respect to diversity
- Willingness to keep up to date with best practice
- Safeguarding and Health and Safety knowledge would be an advantage
- Attend in-house training when arranged
- Willingness to attend external training to further enhance skills
- To adhere to Team Domenica policies and government guidance around Covid-19.
Contract: Part-time – contracted 20 hours a week for a one year fixed term contract. Additional hours may be available on top of this depending on requirements. You will need to be able to travel to a variety of locations. Hours may vary depending on candidates working hours.
COVID-19: As we are working with vulnerable adults all staff at Team Domenica have a duty to set a strong example in the battle against Coronavirus. We expect employees and contractors to co-operate with and adhere to Team Domenica’s COVID-19 Policy which outlines measures and procedures that enable us to have a safe workplace.
Salary: £20,000 pro rata
Email CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org