Would you like to join Team Domenica and help us to continue to lead the way in supported employment? Do you want to work in a supportive organisation, playing to your strengths, gaining job satisfaction and doing something where you can make a real difference? We are currently recruiting a Training Mentor.
Job title: Training Mentor
Reports to: Training Mentor Manager
Team Domenica is a Brighton-based social enterprise charity supporting young people with learning disabilities into paid employment. By removing barriers to work, we help young people to discover their full potential, to live happy fulfilled lives, and to feel included within the local community.
Would you like to join Team Domenica and help us to continue to lead the way in supported employment? Do you want to work in a supportive organisation, playing to your strengths, gaining job satisfaction and doing something where you can make a real difference? We are looking for a Training Mentor to work with us in Brighton and Hove.
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Provide daily pastoral support
- Contribute to each candidate’s bespoke education and training programme.
- Liaise regularly with staff, parents
- Monitor and evaluate candidates’ progress.
- Keep candidates safe and adhere to the charity’s Safeguarding Policy.
- To ensure all candidates are treated with equal respect, compassion and given positive behaviour strategies when needed.
- Work as part of a team and have a flexible approach.
- Set termly SMART work aspiration targets to promote independence,
- Creating visual training resources
- To communicate effectively and have empathy with candidates with a diverse range of particular learning needs
- To use the ‘Systematic Instruction’ training method to train all candidates working in Café Domenica
- Ensure candidates adhere to food hygiene standards.
- To teach candidates barista skills, till training and customer service skills.
- To protect the health, safety and well-being of candidates, staff and customers and show an understanding of current legal requirements
- To prepare and cook food in accordance with the manager’s specifications in a safe and hygienic manner
- To nurture candidates in order that they develop skills suitable for the workplace
- to develop positive and meaningful relationships with candidates and other members of the staff team to promote the ethos of Team Domenica
- To assign and monitor cafe tasks appropriate to candidates specific abilities and targets
- To create a welcoming atmosphere for customer and encourage their continued use of the cafe
- Support café manager to open or close café on occasion.
Coffee Roasting/Training Site
- Support candidates to weigh/measure and package coffee
- To learn the basics of coffee roasting in order to train candidates
- Preparing orders for shipping with candidates
- Knowledge and or experience of working with young people with ASC, SLD and MLD
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving ability
- Respect to diversity
- Safeguarding awareness
- Flexibility to work across different sites of different areas of the candidate’s provision
- To adhere to Team Domenica policies and government guidance around Covid 19
- Positive and can-do attitude
Hours are 9am – 5pm Mon – Fri
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £19,000.00 per year
Annual Leave entitlement is 25 days per year
Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As we are working with vulnerable adults all staff at Team Domenica have a duty to set a strong example in the battle against Coronavirus. We expect employees and contractors to co-operate with and adhere to Team Domenica’s COVID-19 Policy which outlines measures and procedures that enable us to have a safe workplace.